> No, mine certainly are 1 element.
> -frank

Hi, if I recall correctly, the proxars made for 645 and 67 lenses were
2-element at least. Dunno about the sizes, but I doubt 49mm. Pentax's
proxars made for 135 format lenses are all single element. There is a
weblist of all proxars with more than one element, btw. Searching for
it should get you the address (I don't have it). IIRC there were some
Tokina, Canon, Nikon, and the Pentax MF proxars which were achromats
(2-element lens design). There is also a very good option of using an
50/1.4 lens SCREWED onto your on camera lens as a proxar!!! It
works surprisingly well, as the 50mm lens is inherently better
corrected than measly 2-element (or god forbit 1-element) proxars.
Commercialy the coupling rings (male-male filter rings) are available
commonly from most filter and camera producers. Mounting a 50mm lens
onto a 200mm lens will give you, IIRC, 4x lifesize magnification. 50mm
on 50mm lens will give you exactly lifesize magnification with very
high degree of correction, and almost no life loss as with extension
tubes (of course, the "CU" lens must be of faster aperture so not to
cause vignetting).

Frantisek