Proxar is indeed a nice sounding word and would make a good generic name for CU lens, better than Kleenex for facial tissues...

Hi Andre, I am sorry for the confusion but here in Czech republic,
being so close to both East and West Zeiss, the usual name for
close-up lenses in Proxar among old timers (not being one, but I got
most of my photographic education from them). It's a historical issue,
maybe. So I just used that "generic" name (which I btw like better
than the common overseas abbreviation CU lenses <g>). I never used
proxars ;-) on Hassy or other such camera, so I didn't know if the
original Proxars were achromatic lenses or just single element...

Frantisek

P.S.: There are lot of very interesting names for photographic things
in many languages other than English, which would probably be
hilarious if somebody attempted to translate them to English :)
Which is just fine, it's the salt of language... It can get pretty
confusing at times knowing some English terms and their Czech
equivalents, using them in the wrong place...