See below:

frank theriault wrote:

> Keith,
>
> How Cool Is That?
>
> Details, man, we need details!!
>
> cheers,
> frank
>
> "The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds.  The pessimist
> fears it is true."  -J. Robert Oppenheimer
>
> >From: Keith Whaley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> >Yes, there is!
> >I too have an LX m=now!   BG>

Dang fingers! I meant "...an LX now!" Every once in a while I hit an
unintended key, and I don't always do spell-checking. For a two sentence
statement? Hah!

> >keith whaley

A few months ago, I bought an LX that had always been used on a copy
stand, taking photos of stamps, for the owner's stamp collection! As you
can imagine, there is no brassing, no dents or scratches or dings!
Only "problem" is, it has a "Dial Data LX" back.
I'll never use that, so am looking for a standard back. I should contact
the factory, I guess, just haven't got around to it.
Would you want the Data back? I'll make you a good price on it. It's
virtually like new!

The LX came with the standard SC-21 focusing screen. I've never seen
"ground glass" so fine!  Anyhow, I plan to keep the screen. I quite like
it as is. . .

One thing about it. . .It's the heaviest 35mm SLR I've ever owned!
Keep in mind, I started with Retina rangefinders, many, many years ago,
stgarted shooting with a fine  Contax rangefinder, then a number of
other Olympus 35mm rangefinders, eventually settled on Olympus OM-series
(OM-1, OM-2, etc.) cameras and lenses.
All relatively small and light weight.

When Olympus decided to abandon the OM series, I sold my Olympus kit
entirely, bodies and lenses, and graduated to the Pentax platform -
started with an MG, later an MX, and a number of (9 at last count)
manual bodies and lenses after that.
Then, I found this beautiful LX!
Much happiness prevails!  <g>

keith whaley