At 08:31 AM 1/18/2004 -0600, you wrote:

have you or anyone else tried shots
with the M lenses
> on it.If so
> how do you feel the picture quality was.

I was able to do a few snowflake sessions over the last week, and used a 50 mm f4 M macro reverse mounted on bellows and tubes with the *ist-D. I also shot some on Velvia using the same setup and the MZ-S.

Two shots taken with this 20+ year old lens:

http://www.markcassino.com/temp/imgp2359.jpg
http://www.markcassino.com/temp/imgp2341.jpg

That lens is most certainly sharp enough for the *ist-D. Better yet - the instant feedback let me check the focus (it's hard focusing accurately with a foot of extension) so I could quickly adjust and nab the shot. No more blindly bracketing focus like with film.

I don't think all K and M lenses will stack up. Nor all A and FA lenses either....

Mark Cassino Photography

Kalamazoo, MI

http://www.markcassino.com

-----