Hi gang ...

Over the next few weeks I'm going to attempt scanning a lot
of conventional B&W negs.  I have heard a number of
conflicting opinions on the best way to do this.  Most
comments center around whether to scan in RGB or greyscale.
Greyscale would be nice as I could save some space, but if
RBG will give higher quality results, I'll bite the bullet.

I have scanned using both methods before, although with the
help of a friend who did most of the work and setup, so I'm
still pretty much uneducated and inexperienced wrt the
subtleties.

Scanners used will be an Imacon Flextight 626 (I believe
that's the number) and the Nikon Coolscan IV 4000dpi unit,
if that makes any difference.

Thanks for any help,

shel