Good idea.  I have N2 or He or Ar around here somewhere.

Steven Desjardins
Department of Chemistry
Washington and Lee University
Lexington, VA 24450
(540) 458-8873
FAX: (540) 458-8878
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

On 29 Jan 2004 at 16:40, Mark Cassino wrote:

> I just use a big ear syringe to blow air on the CCD - I bought it for
that
> purpose and keep it in a zip lock when not in use.  Virtually any
trip to the
> beach during a gale means that the CCD will need cleaning, even when
I don't
> change lenses.

I've been using plain old bottled nitrogen and an oxygen regulator with
hose
and pistol type attachment to clean my cameras, lenses, film, scanner
and to
fill my chemistry bottles before refrigerating them for quite a few
years now.
It has never harmed any of my film bodies and the *ist D came up very
clean
without me having to resort to using swabs or other forms of physical
contact.
I haven't a decent portable solution though.

Cheers,
Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998