On 3 Feb 2004 at 17:24, Shel Belinkoff wrote:

> What I've seen is just the opposite wrt to creating strong
> photos and powerful images.

>From what I've seen of your photographs I expect that the type of photos that
you perceive to be strong and powerful will likely decline due to a shift in
public perception regarding public rights and security. Whilst I very much
appreciate many of your "people" images soon only third world countries will
offer the only great photo fodder in along this vein.

> The overall quality of photographs has dropped substantially
> in the past decade or so, and while digital cameras are not
> the only reason for this, they are one of the prime
> contributors.  Do you know that there are people (and I bet
> some are on this list - in fact, I KNOW some are on this
> list) who have NEVER seen a gorgeous B&W silver print

How does the printing make you a better photographer? HCB didn't print a thing
from what I understand.

> Shooting more, exposing more frames, is only a small part in
> the formula that equates to quality.

Sure selection of lab, printing technique and the depth of your pockets has a
lot to do with it digital or not.

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998