John Francis wrote:

> Nor, for that matter, does using film somehow make you more
> of a real photographer than using digital.  It's not the
> equipment - it's the eye behind the viewfinder, and the mind
> behind the eye, that count.

I most certainly agree.

Some people on this list - say Shel for candid shots and Frank (see below)
for reflections - show pictures which from the eye of the viewer have
dispensed with the camera at all; it's as though you were looking through
the eyes of the person who took the shot.

With me, it's always apparent there was a camera in-between the two. To be
able to use your camera as 'eyes' is the key - I'm still trying to achieve
that.

Malcolm

# Everyone praises Frank's ability for candid shots, which are good. Take
another look at his ability with use of reflections, we have seen this
recently with a building, a motorcycle engine cover and an old Jaguar car,
note the reflection from the bumper.