Yes, but Shel, sometimes, when  you are following around a very stubborn
18mth old who refuses to co-operate, despite having a vision of how the shot
*should* look, you sometimes have to compromise.... AND sometimes, the
compromise is surprising in that the results are better than what you had
originally anticipated anyways... Or you'll be sitting at a wedding taking a
5 minute break and see a really great moment with the Groom and his new
Father in Law joking around, so you grab the camera quickly without too much
(conscious) thought and shoot off 6 or 7 frames in a couple of seconds,
knowing that it is a great moment and in the hope that just one of those
frames will capture exactly the right expression...

Of course, this is the case with film OR digital, but I can tell you that if
I'd climbed a 20,000ft high mountain and had two glass plates left to shoot
with (did anyone else watch that Ansel Adams docco?), I'd be considering the
shot MUCH more carefully than if I were sitting at a kids birthday party
shooting candids with a digital camera in my hand...

tan.

> Sheesh, tanya ... perhaps one might do well to think about
> every shot, regardless of haw many frames are left.  When
> you reach a certain level in any art or sport, the thinking
> becomes automatic, transparent ... the photography just
> happens, and all the technical stuff needn't be given any
> time consuming thought.  It's like muscle memory.
>
> And this is true for 35mm photography as well as larger
> formats.
>
> shel
>
> Tanya Mayer Photography wrote:
> >
> > I think that for the
> > likes of Ansel Adams etc, if you are shooting with glass plates, medium
> > format etc, and you only have one or two frames left, you are really
FORCED