On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, petit miam wrote:
> Quoted from
> http://www.photographystore.com/Pages/camrabg.html
>
> "Pentax, Minolta and Olympus. I would lump all of
> these manufactures together. They are not really built
> to the same quality as Canon and Nikon. If you choose
> prime, fixed focal length lenses though they are
> capable of superb results. Remember I am looking for
> equipment capable of the absolute best imaging, so

There is some truth in his ranting, except the list
should expand to include Canon and Nikon as well.
Some of consumer zooms are pathetic indeed.  Even
some cameras (look at Canon Rebelxx for instance.)
They don't offer better pictures than many PS
cameras but cost much more and are complex, heavy
and unwieldy.  To the mass consumer, the SLR's
they encounter at WalMart or Wolf Camera are
decidedly unattractive.

No wonder SLR as a whole is loosing it.  If you can't
afford a good digital which you will update annually
like computers, then buy a cheap PS (Yashica T4,
Olympus stylus, etc.)  Or if you really like
photography, go to medium format.  That's my ranting.
Now I feel better.

Tonghang.