----- Original Message -----
From: "John Francis"
Subject: Re: Do Smarter Cameras make Dumber Photogs?

> The only question is whether there is, among that
number,
> a photographer who would bother to go through the effort
> of learning how to do things "the hard way", and who
would
> then be able to produce better photographs.

There might be more than one question, but in answer to
this one, I think one learns a lot along the way when one
learns "the hard way" (like as if any of this is "hard").
I think one learns a lot more than simple mechanics when
learning the nuts and bolts of the process, and that if
they don't, they are probably doomed as photographers
anyway.

William Robb