Now you've hit on something I can agree with graywolf. I can't tell you how many of my students can't estimate what 750/150 is, much less half of 750 . . . I blame calculators . . .

. . . of course there is nothing wrong with USING a tool. Tools are there to make our lives simpler, and easier. BUT when we don't know how the tool works, what do we do without the tool?

I for one, am glad I know how a calculator works, and know how a camera works. A friend recently asked me if it was possible to take photos as good as mine with a fully auto camera. I said sure, but it's going to be extremely hard . . . of course she was talking about an Olymp*s SLR . . . ack!

IL Bill