I received one of these lenses through Shel and thus far I'm fairly pleased
with it.  Obviously it cannot compare with a prime, but overall it does a
nice job.  It's very true that this focal length will just about meet all
your needs except when you need a longer focal length, which is rare for me.
I compared it directly with a Tokina AT-X SD 80-200 f:2.8 lens on a late
afternoon sunset on the beach with tripod.  The Tokina images were slightly,
very slightly though sharper.  However the tint of the images from the
Tamron were more pleasing to my eye and a bit warmer.  The Tamron had a UV
filter and the Tokina was using a 1A filter.  I need to redo this test
without any filters to get a better comparison.  The Tamron is very easily
handholdable, where as the Tokina is heavy and long enough that I usually
feel the need for a tripod.  I thought the lens focused quite fast and did
very little hunting except when it got fairly dark.  It's a fairly compact
lens and is very easy to take with you almost anywhere.  I can't comment on
the bokeh really since I'm not an expert in that area yet.

Dave

Hi,
why are you selling it? I ask because I just bought one from e-bay and have
not tested it yet.
All the best!
Raimo K
Personal photography homepage at: