I have to disagree there - as an Englishman with a large number of Scottish friends and whisky-snob acquaintances, I can assure you that the idea of drinking single malts with ice is widely (although not universally) regarded as heresy over here. :-) The optional addition of a small quantity of water is generally accepted though.

Paul Stenquist wrote:

I frequently drink single malts with ice, so do some of my Scottish
friends.  Drinking single malts neat is largely an American pretension.
Paul

Steve Jolly wrote:

Shel Belinkoff wrote:

What kind of whisky ... a nice single malt, perhaps?

A single malt with *ICE* in?! Let's just hope there aren't any scots on the list... ;-)