To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2004 12:03 PM
Subject: OT: Whisky (was Re: PAW: A good breakfast)

I have to disagree there - as an Englishman with a large number of
Scottish friends and whisky-snob acquaintances, I can assure you that
the idea of drinking single malts with ice is widely (although not
universally) regarded as heresy over here. :-)  The optional addition of
a small quantity of water is generally accepted though.

Paul Stenquist wrote:

I frequently drink single malts with ice, so do some of my Scottish
friends.  Drinking single malts neat is largely an American pretension.
Paul

Steve Jolly wrote:

Shel Belinkoff wrote:

What kind of whisky ... a nice single malt, perhaps?

A single malt with *ICE* in?! Let's just hope there aren't any scots on the list... ;-)