On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 19:09:30 -0500, Kenneth Waller wrote:

> What class will you be running in?

We've got a Gen1 RX-7 that we'll run in IT7 (regional class created for
RX-7s when they were no longer competitive in ITA) and a Gen5 ('90)
Celica GT-S that we'll run in ITS for a short period.  The Celica won't
be even mid-pack without a ton of work and money, so we're looking for
another Gen1 RX-7 to replace it.  We have our eye on a nice one and
hope to close the deal in a week or so.

> Most recently I helped a co-worker running a GT4 Toyota in national
> races. He won the National title in GT4 a number of years ago.

Awesome.  We're working corners and crewing for a friend that runs a
Spitfire in HSR historic races when we don't have cash to enter the
race.  I also have a Miata daily driver and my brother is considering
one.  That's my "reliable English sportscar". :-)

> He was fortunate in that Toyota paid pretty good money
> for wins @ national races, but it still cost him a ton
> for the travel, tires, entry fees and incidentals.

We know exactly how that is.  Mazda pays some decent contingency money,
too, but only for National races, and we're not experienced enough to
run at the front there.  Even with first place cash, though, we'd end
up in the hole if the race wasn't someplace we could camp. :-)  If
you're interested, take a look at our web site at
http://www.NutDriver.org

TTYL, DougF KG4LMZ