On 24 Feb 2004 at 11:36, John Forbes wrote:

> Have any digital slr users experienced the sensor-reflection phenomenon
> referred to by Keppler?

> It's one of those things that smack very much of hype in order to get
> consumers to buy new lenses, but at the same time it clearly could be true.

Hmmm, you may be right, I've not seen any problems however SMC is pretty good
has been sued on all elements for many years. I can't see why such problems
wouldn't have been visible when using slide films although any reflections may
have been sufficiently diffused by the film emulsion as to make them less
apparent. Keppler is usually believable but I'd still like to see some examples
of this phenomenon. The only references to the problem that I can find seem to
be at astro sites.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998