Maybe, if others see fit, they can tell us about their
favorite photographer(s) and post a URL or information about
them.  Just a thought.

shel

Great idea!

Rather than mention all the usual suspects it might be interesting to
post something about lesser-known photographers. One of my favourites
is an Italian photographer called Dario Mitidieri:
http://www.mitidieri.com/

I agree but at the same time I think some of the best photographers are unknown to many of us. For the experienced ones, it's always refreshing to go back to classics.

I liked Mitidieri photos, although I don't think he is in the same league than Eugene Richards. His photo of the young boy "under" Lenine's statue (#10 in War Games) is arranged.

I also liked Ravilious stuff.

Thanks, Bob.

http://www.masters-of-photography.com/A/arbus/arbus.html
Albano

Great place to begin for many photographers. Arbus stuff is overwhelming...

The name of the photographer as a subject header?

Andre