On Mon, 23 Feb 2004, Shel Belinkoff wrote:
> I've also noticed that some of the more tech oriented people
> haven't participated in the PAW yet ... after all their talk
> about how valuable the technical and high tech side of gear
> and peripherals is to making a good photo, I haven't seen
> any of those good, high-tech produced pics.  C'mon guys,
> join the party, show us your stuff.

I haven't posted because I really haven't shot much with the *ist D
yet.  I tend to shoot the most while I'm hiking or travelling and I
haven't done either since purchasing it.

Everything else that I've shot in the last 3 years has been on a
Sony camera, so I didn't think that this would be appropriate
for PAW.

Here is a picture from a Sony that I like:
http://phred.org/~alex/pictures/pdx-japanese-garden/reduced/DSC00491.JPG

I like this one, but wish I could go back and recompose it.  I like
the boat in the water, but find the bush to the right a little
distracting.
http://phred.org/~alex/pictures/east-coast/reduced/DSC01233.JPG

A few decent *ist D shots:
http://phred.org/~alex/pictures/hiking/snow-lake-10-5-03/

I wish I had a longer lens with me for IMGP1391.JPG
I'm not crazy about the framing on IMGP1405.JPG, but it is the
best of the group.

Shel, I admire your street photography.  I really like good street
photography, but I'm pretty lousy at it myself.  I feel very self
concious when taking photographs of others and that makes it difficult
to concentrate on taking good photographs.

alex