You guys sure are slow, when I said, "Have the damn camera with you" in response to that thread, everybody thought I was being silly. Now you are all agreeing with me. Oh well, at least you are learning.

Of course there is something there for me to think about. 20 years ago an MX lived hanging about my neck. It was always there, now I only pick up a camera when I am planning on taking some pictures. I remember driving by Fairlane Mall in Dearborn MI about 6am one morning and thare were 25-30 hot air balloons being inflated for a race. I stopped and shot about 3 rolls of B&W. For years afterwards folks would see the photos and ask, where did you find all those balloons?

--

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

frank theriault wrote:

A couple of months ago, someone asked what our first and best piece of
advice would be for tyros.  I think I said, "shoot lots".  I would like to
change it to, "have a camera with you".  I'm not sure if anyone else said
this (if you did, my apologies - I didn't notice).

Any other thoughts on what the number one rule should be?

I agree with you. The first rule is "have a camera with you."

shel asked:

But what might the second rule be?

"And know how to use it."

ERN

-- graywolf http://graywolfphoto.com

"You might as well accept people as they are,
you are not going to be able to change them anyway."