-----Original Message-----
From: frank theriault [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2004 7:10 PM

Some of you may recall that I was going to be shooting a friend of mine in
concert last weekend.

And, so I did.  Got back the contacts today, and I'm mostly okay with them -
not a real high yield, but the lighting was horrendous, and the LX was
having trouble dealing with some situations.  I was shooting Fuji Neopan
1600 at 3200, and I'm happy with the way that the film turned out.

The best shots, exposure-wise, were these portrait-type ones, where her face
filled much of the frame - I think that made it easier for the LX to figure
the exposure.  There were a couple of wider shots where I took a couple, one
after the other, and I could hear that one of the exposures were ~real~ long
- the meter said it was 1/60th, but the actual exposure sounded much more
like 1/15th, and the over-exposed contact said maybe I was right.  Then, the
next shot, made immediately after, was fine.  But, with such harsh lighting,
I guess that's to be expected.  That's why I shot 3 rolls.

http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=2180846&size=lg

Don't forget, scanned from contact sheet - the neg actually looks pretty
sharp, and has more detail and shading.  I think the prints will be okay.
Taken with the Takumar Bayonet 2.5 135mm ("the dog" <g>) wide open, hand
held on auto.

Also got back several rolls from the ice race - which I probably won't scan
from the contact, but we'll see what prints I get.  I'm pretty happy with
those.

Plus, got back a roll of APX 100 that I went street shooting with, and I'm
picking up an 8x10 that will be my PAW tomorrow.

I love getting back lots of film all at once.  I know that digital gives it
back immediately, but the anticipation of film is wonderful!  <vbg>

cheers,
frank

"The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds.  The pessimist
fears it is true."  -J. Robert Oppenheimer