Thanks Bob.  Primarily my request was sarcastic.  I'm sorry.

I obviously don't have the time to read everything, and probably would only
understand a quarter of what I read unless it was in my own field of
expertise.

Hydrometeors... interesting.

BTW, on a photography note (can you believe that?), I have long felt since
joining the list that my knowledge of optics was sorely lacking.  I bought
the book  Basic Optics and Optical Instruments and am amazed what I have
learned about the physics of light and glass.

I'd highly recommend it to anyone interested in and not yet well-versed on
the topic.  I find it well-written, and done so in such a way that I need
only read each paragraph two or three times before understanding it. <g>

A description of the book:

Presented as a training course for the Bureau of Naval Personnel, this book
provides a thorough coverage of the basic theory of optics and its
applications. The course begins with a discussion of the composition of
optical glass and the manufacture of lenses and prisms for optical
instruments. Over 6,000 charts and diagrams-all of which help to clarify an
already well-organized presentation.

It's available from Edmund Scientific.  Amazon is amazingly out of stock.
Barnes & Noble has it for $11.65 (I think I got ripped when I paid 18
something).

ISBN: 0486222918
Publisher: Dover Publications, Incorporated
Pub. Date: January  1994

Tom C.