From: Rob Studdert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2004 9:43 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: *ist D sensor and 35mm lens resolution

On 9 Mar 2004 at 18:24, Gonz wrote:

> But if the 33mm lens was made for digital, then you would have a higher
> lpmm for it and the effective sharpness would be the same.

Has anyone here proven that DA lenses are designed to be sharper than their
FF
35mm equivalents? My take on the DA lens revolution was that they are
designed
to only cover an APS sensor (and secondarily designed to extract more cash
from
your wallet) and are more controlled in their CA  given that image sensors
seem
more prone to magnify such errors. And as a consequence of the limited image
circle the lenses can be designed to be physically much smaller. I guess my
theory will be put to test when Pentax releases a DA 600/4 lens.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998