From: William Robb [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2004 9:15 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: *ist D sensor and 35mm lens resolution

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rob Studdert"

. And as a consequence of the limited image
> circle the lenses can be designed to be physically much smaller.

That would account for the platter (I think it was 77mm) that goes on
the front end of the DA 16-45, or the 67mm on the front of the FA
18-35.
I swear, the 16-45 was nearly as big as a 645 lens.
Saw the Oly E-1 system.
Humping big lenses on it as well (its a pretty big pony too).

I don't get it. They keep saying the lenses will get smaller, but
they keep making them bigger.

William Robb