Dear Cyril and Ralf,

The ME-II winder remote contacts do not turn the meter on, the camera does
when fired.
The winder contacts are simply connected to the battery (shortening them
gives sparkles (!)), and
the other justs starts the winder motor, which mechanically activates the
ME/ME-super shutter release,
or an electrical switch on the Super-A.
The meter is only activated with the winder release button when the winder
switch is on 'auto' !

George , (pleasantly) surprised to find his old postings back on the web.