Comments on "Minaret" by Bill Peifer

This is a very soothing image for me.  I have to look very hard to start to
see some of the texture in the minaret - I'm guessing the scan is not as
good as the actual photo.  I can see the detail, but it's hard.  With or
without the texture, the image remains strong.  The color of the sky is very
nice - not too blue.  The framing of the minaret works very well for me.
Just off-center with balance from the tree branches.  I also like the
sharpness of the subject with the branches just slightly out of focus.  If
the branches were more or less in focus, I think that it would spoil the
effect.  Good job on that front.  I'm curious as to whether you bracketed
for DOF or just managed to nail it so well.  I think the overall simple,
clean subject really brings a peace to the viewing experience.  Kudos for a
well executed, pleasing image.

Bruce Dayton
Sacramento, CA