----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Scott"
Subject: Re: bad processing

> What set me off this time was scratches on the negatives I'd
just gotten
> back. Long straight ones, curvy ones and some that make me
picture
> sandpaper (and all of them make me wish I'd sprung for a
scanner with
> Digital ICE instead of this one). I'd resigned myself to not
expecting
> decent prints, I just wish that I could find a lab that
wouldn't mess my
> stuff up as I'm perfectly capable of doing that when needed
all by myself.

They might be having a bad day. Do they sound like neanderthals
when you talk to them? Thats a bad sign if they do. What sort of
equipment are they running?
C-41 processing is pretty easy from a DYI POV (Gads,
acronymorama).
Noritsu film processors tend to be gentler on the film.
William Robb