Tom wrote:

> How long has the clone tool been around?  I typically find myself doing the
> bare minimum to get acceptable results... maybe because I don't start till
> around 10PM usually.  I have Photoshop 4.0 installed and 6.0 sitting there
> in the box.

        I have the clone tool in my ancient Macintosh v2.5 of PShop
        I rarely do much more than a bit of color re-adjustment and
        cloning out of flaws. Well, other than cropping & sizing and
        sometimes bordering, of course. One might say I'm a bit of a
        minimalist when it comes to digitizing photographs  ;^)

        (btw, v2.5 is old enough that hardly any add-in filters will
        work, they seem to all require v3)

        All my PUGShots and the stuff on my website was done w/ this
        ancient software and also rather dated 300dpi MicroTek E3+ flatbed
        scanner except for some slides which I had scanned a while back.
        The quality & consistent results from the local scan-source
        quickly nipped that waste of money in the bud, though. Same BoZoS
        who put out visually pixelized 4x6's from a Konica digital hybrid
        machine - IMHO, a $150,000 tourist snapshot churner-outer.

        Bill