Shaun,

Hate to point out problems, but you seem to have a bad sensor. I noticed several shots that consistently showed stuck/hot pixels, especially the dragon fly stills. There are at least three distinct bright dots on those pictures, which may be each composed of one or more stuck/hot pixels. If I were you I would take it back and get another one.

Cheers,

rg

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi gang,

Here are the results of my first foray into the bush with an *ist D. all of
the shots were taken with the *ist D, battery grip, FA 100mm macro. All were
handheld. Photoshop work was limited to sharpening and adjusting the levels
a bit.

The files are all in the 1-3 mb range, so be warned, they'll take a while to
come down the pipe via a 56k modem. None of them are resized.

http://www.heritageservices.com.au/Pentax%20ist%20D%20Photos/Web%20Gallery/i
ndex.htm

Tell me what you think?

Cheers

Shaun

Dr. Shaun Canning
Cultural Heritage Services
Lawrence Way, Karratha, Western Australia, 6714
Mob: 0414-967 644

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.heritageservices.com.au

--