Maybe WIlliam Robb can answer this for me... is it possible or even likely
that when processing print film in a machine one can get "no color
correction"?  I have requested this in the past, but heard that machines
have "default profiles" for lack of a better word, or that some adjust
themselves during the day so that your roll starts off with the same
settings as someone else's roll (the one before you).  I probably am
muddling this up.  The other possibility is that the clerk agrees to no
color correction, but you have no way to actually verify that's what you get
back.

I will muck this statement up as well.  Since we're dealing with negs, is
there truly such a thing as "no color correction"?  Unlike a slide where you
basically see what you get, isn't any processing of a negative more or less
an interpretation, even if "all dials are set to midpoint"?  I'm sure I'm
showing my ignorance bigtime here (but what's new?).

One of the reasons I shoot mostly E6.

Tom C.

<snip>