We invented it. It used to be called BankAmeracard, I remember when the name was changed. You shouldn't have any
trouble using it but I'd look into the conversion rate your bank may charge, it's usually quite competitive but I've only been
changing from US dollars.

Tanya Mayer Photography wrote:

Just wondering - with regards to my USA trip - I was thinking of not
bringing any cash at all, and just paying my spending money off my visa. It
will be a great help for tax purposes etc, and I rarely carry cash here any
more, I usually use EFTPOS for everything. How widely accepted is VISA in
the States?  Are you able to pay taxi's etc with VISA?  Or should I carry
some cash with me?  What about on GFM?  Are there any teller machines that
will allow me to withdraw cash from my VISA?  I have a pretty large purchase
that I will be making whilst I am over there and will need to get my hands
on at least USD$650 whilst I am  on the mountain (or beforehand to bring
with me)....

tan.