The only b&w I have ever shot has been c41 films, and primarily, Kodak
T400CN.  I really like this film however sometimes the "sepia" toning that
it gives can be a leaning a little too much toward the red side of things.
(That could just be my crappy lab though).  On the other hand, stay away
from the Kodak "Select Series" B&W (also c41 film).  The labs hate to
process it and say that they can't get an accurate colour balance.
Everytime I have used this film, I get the roll back with some shots looking
like true b&w, others sepia, and some even with green and blue tinges, it
can be extremely annoying, but I guess you could use it to your benefit
creatively as well....

fairy.