Hi!

The loss sustained with standard lens designs for 35mm outfits is something to get used to when going to medium- and large-format designs. Using a Tessar design may provide a better image perspective and you may be either pleased or disapppointed with what you see -- depending on your familiarity with larger formats. The Tessar design has been used on many TLR cameras because of it's compactness.

Personally, I'd like to try one just to see how it behaves.

Collin, this was my *only* reason for trying to get that lens. I was given a chance and after a little thinking and asking around I realized that this 50 mm is quite different from two 50 mm's I have. Hence was my interest.

It will take some time, but I think I will share some of the results. PAW is a great idea...

Thanks!

Boris