Collin

Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 07:11:22 +0000
From: Bob W <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

<snip of petty insult, leaving the coherent point intact>

It's a pity the spelling's still somewhat awry.

Here's an interesting recent interview with a Nobel Peace Prize winner who
seems to meet all Collin's criteria for an America-hater:
http://news.independent.co.uk/people/profiles/story.jsp?story=503708

--
Cheers,
Bob

"The fundamentalist Christian Right is America's Taliban. With the exception of the
burqa (and even that, one feels, is missing only because St Paul forgot to mention it)
all the ingredients are there: slavish adherence to a misunderstood old text; hatred
of
women, modernity, rival religions, science and pleasure; love of punishment, bullying,
narrow-minded, bossy interference in every aspect of life. The Religious Right
represents
organized ignorance, organized bigotry, organized nastiness - and these people are on
their way to taking over the Republican Party. Not least, the book persuaded me how
muddled
the fundamentalists are. They think they are patriots, yet they fight the letter of
the
Constitution and the spirit of the Founding Fathers every step of the way. The
Religious
Right is, in the deepest and truest sense of the word, un-American."

-- from a book review by Richard Dawkins