Yes, Chris!  That is what I would have thought too, which is why I too have
been so confused!  BUT, being unfamiliar with the full workings of XP, I
thought that maybe it was setup somehow to accomodate that.

So after reading everybody's (extremely helpful!) responses, I am guessing
that if I take my TMP (Tanya Mayer Photography) folder that contains pretty
much all of my data, pix etc and is currently around 12gb in size, and just
dump it on the D: it would be ok?

I am still concerned due to the title of the D: being "restore", it really
makes me wonder if I should be using it...

Also, as raised by Nick (and suggested by Robert), I have wondered about
setting my scratch disk for PS to D: - should I do this, or wouldn't it have
any effect due to the fact that it is only a drive partition and not a
separate physical drive?  It is currently set to use "StartUp" as the first
scratch disk, and D: as the second.  Can anyone tell me why there are
choices for up to four separate scratch disks and how should I be setting
them up in order of preference...

Thanks again for all of your great responses, you have all pretty much
confirmed what I already knew, but now I understand why I don't appear to
have the full amount of gb etc.

What would I do without this list...?!?!  <vbg>

tan.