>In a message dated 3/27/2004 5:39:34 PM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Also, as raised by Nick (and suggested by Robert), I have wondered about
setting my scratch disk for PS to D: - should I do this, or wouldn't it have
any effect due to the fact that it is only a drive partition and not a
separate physical drive?  It is currently set to use "StartUp" as the first
scratch disk, and D: as the second.  Can anyone tell me why there are
choices for up to four separate scratch disks and how should I be setting
>them up in order of preference...

Being a software person (programmer), I am not really up on everything
hardware.
But a logical drive (a partition) behaves exactly the same as a physical
drive to all intents and purposes. So no worries there.

>Thanks again for all of your great responses, you have all pretty much
confirmed what I already knew, but now I understand why I don't appear to
have the full amount of gb etc.

What would I do without this list...?!?!  <vbg>

>tan.

So D: should work fine as your scratch disk. It is probably named restore
only because the person who set it up named it that. Unless, for some weird
reason, XP is also stored on it (in addition to drive C:). But that would be highly
unlikely since restore discs are usually separate CDs (or DVDs). So I
wouldn't sweat what its volume name is (i.e scratch). You could even change it if you
wanted in Windows Explorer. Sometimes people who set up computers (computer
geeks) have their own weird personal preferences that are hard to decipher
later.

HTH  Marnie aka Doe