Hi!

Tanya, my humble suggestion to your problem would be like this:

1. Get yourself a small, say 20 GB HD and make it your system disk.
Doing so would mean re-installing your OS and s/ware but this can be
done, I hope.

2. Take the whole of the 100 GB HD you have and partition it to your
liking. Make it your work disk.

I have similar setup of 18 GB and 38 GB HD's being the case.

Advantage of this set up are many. Normally OSes are very active on
the way they use HDs. While your work disk would be accessed only when
you do actual photo editing. I suppose you already see that this way
it should be more reliable. Provided of course your large disk would
be good, which it should be anyway.

People who would respond to this that modern HDs are reliable... You
know, when I bought my computer I went through 2 IBM HDs within first
year. I know, I know, IBM of early 21st century sucked... But they
were IBM and I did not know <g>...

HTH.

P.S. For sake of completeness:

HD - hard drive
OS - operating system

No offence meant.

Boris
([EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED])