On Apr 2, 2004, at 19:35, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

So it's best then if you can have the camera color space set to the same
color space as PS?

It's probably easiest that way. If you have to convert then you probably won't notice any loss of quality, as long as you specify the correct colour spaces :) Use the embedded profile if there is one. I always convert to my Photoshop working colour space.

And would sRBG on a camera be the same as sRBG in a Photoshop?

It should be... sRGB is a standard. IEC61966-2.1. I've compared that with a "generic" sRGB profile and they match pretty much exactly (it was a visual comparison of a 3D gamut plot).

(Hope that's the right color space acronym.) Is it standardized enough to be
the same? Or about the same?

You got it close enough. I would hope that if someone labels their colour space as sRGB then that's what it is. Colour management is difficult enough without the vendors getting "creative" with specifications.

- Dave (who's about to find out if he needs to buy a dedicated monitor for his PC, for colour consistency)

http://www.digistar.com/~dmann/