Color management is supposed to help manage different devices, if the color spaces of your scanner, monitor and printer
have the "same" calibrated color space what you see on your monitor will closely approximate what comes out of the printer.

Butch Black wrote:

If I choose to ignore colour space,what is happening then.?

Dave

I believe that it's a guessing game as to how PS is seeing the color. I
quickly opened a couple of image but could not see any real difference
opening them in Adobe 1998 or do not color manage. I didn't try printing any
to see if there was a difference there.

Butch

Each man had only one genuine vocation - to find the way to himself.

Hermann Hesse (Demian)