I've screwed things up when I haven't read the instructions, but I don't assume it's someone elses responsibility.
(Although I've wished it was). Some people seem to think that wishing will make it so.

Bob W wrote:

Hi,

The number of people who don't read instructions then complain when they
screw things up is amazing.

You're assuming the instructions are always correct and clearly written, with a focus on the needs of the customer, rather than the convenience of the supplier. Rather a large assumption.

What's really amazing is the chutzpah of ignorant people.
They don't know that they don't know!
That's ignorance at it's worst.

Probably time to recycle this link: http://www.apa.org/journals/psp/psp7761121.html