[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>In a message dated 4/13/2004 6:05:41 AM Pacific Standard Time,
>[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>Just to point out, Marnie, it's fairly easy (with a DSLR) to "cheat" and
>get extended DoF.  Using a tripod, take a picture with focus at infinity
>and then another with the closer object in focus.  These can then be
>combined in Photoshop.  It's a way around those pesky laws of optics
>that control DoF.  It's also a way to use a lenses best aperture
>(resolution) as opposed to those high f stops with great DoF but lower
>res.
>---------------
>Hey, hey!

It's also easy to "cheat" and get reduced DOF, or at least a reasonable
simulation thereof. I've noticed a lot of advertising photography with
very minimal depth of field lately and many shots I've suspected of
being Photoshopped with additional blur to make the DOF seem smaller
than what the photographer actually obtained when taking the photo.
It seems to be a very fashionable "look" these days, though I can't say
I care for most of the examples I've seen.

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing