From: graywolf [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, 13 April 2004 2:15 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: LA Pdml'ers...

I once paid $22 for a steak dinner. It was lousy. I once went into a restaurant that charged $250 for a steak dinner. They tossed me out because I was not dressed to their satisfaction. Just as well, I did not have $250 in the bank much less on me. Somehow, I don't think you guys eat in the same kinds of restaurants as most of us do.

--

Paul Stenquist wrote:

That's true. At one time, San Francisco was California's first city of
food, but no more. Money has a way of reshaping those kinds of things.
And LA money has made it a major restaurant city. Yet California's and
perhaps America's best restaurant isn't in LA or San Francisco, it's up
in the Napa valley town Yountville, and it's called French Laundry. Am I
opinionated when it comes to food? You bet :-).. See
http://www.sterba.net/yountville/frenchlaundry/