Doug Brewer wrote:

I am the proud owner of an *istD. Just a few questions.

1.) Is digital photography better than film photography?
Off and on, now and then, it may or may not be.

2.) So, how does this thing work?
It doesn't work. It sits home and eats bonbons while you work to support it.

3.) If I use this camera, will I go blind?
Depends on whether you have a zoom or not.

4.) What's the capital of South Dakota?
S or D

5.) Who was the guitar player on "Whiter Shade of Pale?"

6.) If I try real hard, can I put film in the camera?
Sure - it goes in through the front opening where the lens attaches.

7.) When I get finished reading the manual, will I be able to play the piano?
No, your mind will be too warped.

8.) If I take a picture in RAW format, import it into Photoshop, and adjust the image size correctly for a usable print, will I see God?
No, but you might suffer from food poisoning. At least transform it to Medium Rare before using.

9.) Do I have to give up my membership in the Real Photographers Guild?
No, they will come and take it away.

10.) Is a family in Rochester NY now going hungry because of me?
Are you behind on child support again?

11.) Will my desk now become organized?
No no no. You put the photos on the disc, not on the desk!

12.) Will women now find me attractive?
No

13.) Does anything rhyme with "eucalyptus"?
Yes

14.) Can I ask random people for spare Compact Flash cards?
Sure. You can also ask random women for eucalyptus leaves. Neither will get you very far.

15.) How does the Infield Fly Rule work?
Quite well.