on 4/10/01 11:09 AM, K.Takeshita at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> on 4/10/01 10:29 AM, William Robb at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>> BTW, the APS system is extremely problematic. Considering the amount of R&D
>> that went into it, I am surprised it is as bad as it is.
>
>  I never had any problem with the APS I currently have, not a single one, but
> I know it is rather an exception.

Oops, I have to be precise.  I never had a problem asociated with the film
cassette itself but did have a few occasions wherein the processor returned
washed out prints or yellow cast for the flash photos.  In the first ASA800
film processing, they returned a bit bluish cast photos.  These were
eventually corrected, but this does indicate that the processor may have
some difficulty in processing the APS films for whatever reason.
This particular processor is a pro lab (Fuji) and they do a superb job on
all my 35mm and MedF films, although I know that they tend to dismiss the
APS format (I am only using Fuji Nexia APS film for no particular reason.  I
hear good things about the Kodak Max 400 APS film which I might try).

Perhaps, Bill could give us some insight.

Cheers,

Ken