Hi,

> ...street photography (God, do I hate that term
> and description!) ...

Hooray! Yes, I hate it too. It carries such a lot of baggage: inverse
snobbery, political correctness, self-satisfied superiority, self-regarding
capital-A artiness, "I suffer for the truth" undergraduate bullshit,
with a pathetic claim of imagined bravery in the face of pretend
danger, practiced mostly by posers enthralled by their own off-the-peg image
of urban grit.

And it's not just the term.

Most 'street photography' is itself pointless, exploitative, vacuous crap
masquerading as insight and concern, but hiding a boundless vapidity.
Its pompous, pseudo-profundity is chaff thrown out to hide the true
depths of its shallowness.

Present company excepted, of course.

I also hate the term 'travel photography', for some of the same
reasons, then a few others on top.

What other photographic terms do people hate? Don't hold back now!

--
Cheers,
 Bob