Wednesday, May 12, 2004, 4:17:42 PM, Shawn wrote:
SK> Thats a strange focal length.  Nice that its a cosntant 2.8 though, could be
SK> good.

translated into roughly 2.8/35-90, it would be ideal for portraits or
concerts. My 70-200 fast zoom is too long for most, and other glass is
too wide. I will be interested in this lens. However, the design looks
like it is a zoom that changes physical length during zooming,
something that is not much reliable and not rugged, especially with
big hood attached (think: lever action/reaction upon bumping the
hood). I would like to see some APS fast lenses from Sigma. Something
like APS equivalent of 2.8/70-200 would be ideal for many people!

Best regards,
   Frantisek Vlcek