Hi Rob
the overall technical quality is indeed very bad and I am not sure whether
this image could be really improved *a lot*.
I  do not have the knowledge with imaging software to do so in time.

I really wanted to point out, that as an amateur I would prefer watching for
good and meaningful or funny moments instead of
trying to compete with the pro's. They are professionals for *some* reason,
most of them have learned their job and have much superior equipment than
the common amateur. But the word "Amateur" comes from "I love", that is the
most important thing anyway.

I found the big plate for one sparrow alone good for a (small) smile.....

Anybody cares to do some work on that photo, I feel ashamed already - but
only a bit :-)
thanks for commenting Rob
Markus