<http://georges.smugmug.com/gallery/63585/1/2219400/Large>

Reichman's comment on the CD was "Pleasant to look at, but nothing special going on." Hard to argue with that.

See you later, gs

At 06:22 PM 5/12/2004, you wrote:
------------------------------

Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 19:00:26 -0400
From: Mark Roberts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Reichman and DXO

Frantisek Vlcek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>C> I find DPReview to be excellent. It gives me exactly what I want - decent
>C> specs layout, results, tables, all the hardware. I want to be told that
>C> the build quality is first rate, not that button x is in the wrong place.
>C> I'll make my own judgements as to the location of button x, thank you.
>
>Yes, I admit, the information is there. One can make one's own
>opinion. But (as a point for Reichmann, which does stress this),
>PReview's conclusions are not much worth when using the cameras, when
>he doesn't stress the controls and usability.

Personally, I do find Reichmann a bit pompous on his web page, but I've
met him a few times and he seems much less so in person.
I don't think he's biased at all: He's *opinionated*, and there's a big
difference. He likes what he likes and isn't afraid to say so.

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing