Hello the world,

Doug, you have probably missed some parts of the translation :

> A Scandinavian complained that a French magazine rated
> some Pentax lenses too high and others too low, so in
> response a French reader of said French magazine wrote
> to someone at the magazine. In response, someone at the
> magazine said that Americans, whose opinions don't count
> anyway, should read another magazine.

The 'one at the magazine' had nothing against Americans or any other people.
He's just been told that somewhere on a list (PDML to be clear) people were
asking questions about the relyability of the tests he performs every day.
No one likes its said somewhere that his/her work is shit, and he did not
like it. As the information came from a PENTAX lover, he put all niche
camera make users, such as, say :
- PENTAX
- CONTAX
- LEICA
from various countries such as :
- America (US)
- JAVA (?)
- France
in the same bag, and says "if you only want to read elogious stuff about
your beloved make, dont read CdI." He suggests those people read their club
bulletin instead.

I'm not sure my translation of this proverb is correct :
'Il n'y a de pire sourd que celui qui ne veut entendre'
'there is no deeper deaf than the one who does'nt want to ear'
but it resumes well what I feel from this discussion.

(and as a French, I have been hurt by some of the words that have been
written here)

We are not a lot of PENTAX fans through the world, so it semms useless to
argue one against each others.

Peace, and keep enjoying photography.

Cyril