Bob Blakely wrote:

That's ok. We don't hold a grudge. The next time the "greatest army in
Europe" is quickly overrun by some power hungry wannabe dictator, The Yanks,
Brits, Canucks, Aussies, Ruskies as well as the underground of many other
noble countries will beat the invaders back for them, make the world safe
(for a little while) again, and then we'll leave, forgive all their war
debts and help with reparations. We did it twice before, got treated the
same way, we'll still do it again, even though we know the treatment won't
change. We will do this because we are not French.

All we asked of them is to maintain their immaculate tree line boulevards
so the armies of the Yanks, Brits, Canucks, et al could marched in the shade
when we come to liberate them again.

Viva la France indeed.  Especially with a little help from it's friends.

Bon Soir,
Paulo Ernest